When Kellyanne Conway claimed that former Vice President Joe Biden does not have a plan to tackle the coronavirus pandemic, Fox News host Sandra Smith shut her down by fact-checking her.
The virus has killed more than 170,000 Americans and over 5 million are infected with the number of cases setting daily records. The economy has also been adversely affected by the pandemic as tens of millions are unemployed and mass evictions are set to begin.
It’s a catastrophe that Trump could have prevented had he taken the virus seriously from the beginning. But he didn’t, and he has only made the crisis worse ever since.
That’s why Trump is currently losing to Biden in the polls and why more and more Americans are turning against him.
But Kellyanne Conway argued that Biden doesn’t have a plan to handle the pandemic during an interview on Fox News, forcing Sandra Smith to correct her by pointing out that Biden’s campaign website featured a detailed plan that included free testing and more funding along with economic measures to help Americans who have been financially devastated.
Of course, Conway objected by talking over Smith and denying the facts the whole time.
Here’s the video:
Fox News’s Sandra Smith was not really having Kellyanne Conway’s lies pic.twitter.com/f0rdgBLzjj
— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) August 19, 2020
The problem for Kellyanne is a simple search on Google reveals that Biden does, in fact, have a plan just as Smith noted.
According to Biden’s campaign website, we can expect a layered response to the pandemic that has been severely lacking under Trump.
For instance, Biden’s plan would:
1. Ensure that public health decisions are made by public health professionals and not politicians, and officials engaged in the response do not fear retribution or public disparagement for performing their jobs.
2. Immediately restore the White House National Security Council Directorate for Global Health Security and Biodefense, which was established by the Obama-Biden Administration and eliminated by the Trump Administration in 2018.
3. Ensure that every person who needs a test can get one – and that testing for those who need it is free.
4. Establish at least ten mobile testing sites and drive-through facilities per state to speed testing and protect health care workers.
5. Task all relevant federal agencies to take immediate action to ensure that America’s hospital capacity can meet the growing need
This is straight from the Biden plan, and represents only the tip of the iceberg.
As for the economic burden created by the pandemic and Trump’s recklessness, Biden also has that covered.
A decisive economic response that starts with emergency paid leave for all those affected by the outbreak and gives all necessary help to workers, families, and small businesses that are hit hard by this crisis. Make no mistake: this will require an immediate set of ambitious and progressive economic measures, and further decisive action to address the larger macro-economic shock from this outbreak.”
So, Biden intends to help Americans get through this pandemic, something Trump has failed to do.
Kellyanne owes Biden an apology for claiming he doesn’t have a plan. She should be more concerned about her boss not having one.
Like what you see here? Join the discussion on Facebook over at Americans For Sanity!