NYT Reports Local Police Intentionally Blocked A Specially Equipped Unit Of Federal Agents From Entering Elementary School To Stop The Shooter During Uvalde Massacre

Oh. My. GOD.

655 points

The apparent corruption within the Uvalde, Texas Police Department seems to be growing by the second at this point, on the heels of Tuesday’s devastating mass shooting — when 18-year-old high school dropout turned mass shooter, Salvador Ramos, entered Robb Elementary School and barricaded himself into a 4th-grade classroom, where he proceeded to shoot and kill 19 innocent children and 2 beautiful teachers right before the summer break.

Reports have steadily trickled out telling of a local Texas police force that allegedly stood in the parking lot pepper spraying, tazing, and arresting petrified, devastated parents while Ramos remained inside the elementary school, opening fire on their children, for 40 minutes to an hour.

It seems no one has been able to get their stories straight on whether the shooter engaged with a law enforcement agent of some kind before entering the school. Parents have spoken out claiming that police lied to them about whether or not their children were alive.

The situation is so troublesome that even one former Uvalde prosecutor has broken her silence to warn, “As an ex-prosecutor from Uvalde, I can say based on my past interactions with Uvalde PD, you will never know the truth about what went down in that school until every inch of video tape is released to the press.”

Ultimately, it’s been determined that Ramos was shot and killed by a special Border Patrol unit that was able to breach the classroom and take out the gunman.

However, according to a deeply disturbing new report from the New York Times, there is apparently a whole lot more to that story, as well, than the local police are coughing up.

The Times reports that two officials who were briefed on the situation revealed that local TX police who responded to Tuesday’s mass shooting refused to allow a tactical squad of federal agents to immediately enter the school building and bring Ramos’ mass murder to an end.

According to the officials who spoke with the publication, the Border Patrol and Immigration and Customs Enforcement tactical team were forced by local authorities to wait nearly an hour before they went inside and shot and killed Salvador Ramos.

Director of Texas DPS Steven McCraw confirmed this during a press briefing today, claiming that the reason law enforcement officials chose not to immediately breach the building and confront the gunman was that their commander believed that Ramos’ threat to the children was over.

McCraw told reporters, “The on-scene commander at the time believed that it had transitioned from an active shooter to a barricaded subject,” going on to add that their commander “considered a barricaded subject and that there was time and there were no more children at risk.”

“Obviously, based upon the information we have, there were children in that classroom that were at risk, and it was, in fact, still an active shooter situation,” he admitted.

It’s high time someone starts telling the truth.

Read the full report from the New York Times here.

Featured image via screen capture 

Can’t get enough Political Tribune? Follow us on Twitter!

Looking for more video content? Subscribe to our channel on YouTube!

Like it? Share with your friends!

655 points