Fox News now reports that Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Braggโs office has requested a personal meeting with officials at the New York Police Department as NYC begins to prepare its security measures for a possible Trump indictment.
Just earlier today, we reported on a development from NBC New York, citing five senior officials with inside knowledge of the matter who said that local, state, and federal law enforcement and security agencies in the state of New York are beginning to brace their security measures in preparation for a possible indictment against former President Donald J. Trump in the Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Braggโs hush money investigation, that may come down the pike as early as next week.
Now, Fox further reports on information from an inside source, who says District Attorney Braggโs office reached out to the NYPD on Thursday of this week, though a time and date for the meeting have not yet been officially set.
The source told Fox that DA Bragg wants the meeting to โdiscuss logistics for some time next week, which would mean that they are anticipating an indictment next week.โ
Stay up-to-date with the latest news!
Subscribe and start recieving our daily emails.
Fox reached out to the Manhattan District Attorneyโs office for comments on the development, but the DAโs office refused to confirm that the meeting request had been made.
In recent weeks, multiple developments have gone public hailing from the Manhattan District Attorneyโs ongoing hush money investigation, indicating that an indictment against the scandal-ridden, disgraced former president is now only a matter of when, not if.
According to Business Insiderโs Laura Italiano, it is very likely that, if actually indicted in the Manhattan hush money case, former President Donald Trump would have to surrender himself to the New York Police Department.
As it stands, Donald J. Trump has not been charged or indicted on any crimes.
Featured image via Political Tribune Gallery