Reports Confirmed That Security Has Been Ramped Up Around Donald Trump As A Second Potential, Major Threat Was Uncovered

This is very unsettling...


613
613 points

**DISCLAIMER: This article was first published in July of 2024** 

Less than a full 72 hours after former President and now-official 2024 Republican presidential nominee Donald J. Trump was the target of a failed assassination attempt that cost him some literal skin off the top of his right ear at his Pennsylvania rally, reports confirmed that a second potential assassination plot against Trump has been uncovered that requires additional security around the ex-president.

According to reporting from CNN, sources confirmed that an assassination plot against Donald Trump has been brewing in Iran for some time now, entirely independent of 20-year-old Matthew Thomas Crooksโ€™ mysterious attempt to murder a former United States president over the weekend, that has required an increase in security measures around Donald.

Those same sources made it very clear that there has been no connection discovered between the alleged Iranian Trump assassination plot and the 20-year-old young man who was shot dead over the weekend after taking a shot at Donald Trump on the rally stage in Pennslyvania in what has formally been dubbed and is now being investigated as a bona fide assassination attempt.

CNN reports, โ€œThe existence of the intelligence threat from a hostile foreign intelligence agency โ€” and the enhanced security for Trump โ€” raises new questions about the security lapses at the Saturday rally.โ€ Specifically, โ€œhow a 20-year-old man managed to access a nearby rooftop to fire shots that injured the former president.โ€

A spokesperson for Trumpโ€™s campaign told CNN that they would not comment on the former presidentโ€™s security detail โ€” which is not all that surprising, considering Donaldโ€™s campaign issued a โ€œcommunications lockdown,โ€ under the threat of โ€œimmediate terminationโ€ for any one found to be speaking to the press, on or off the record, in the wake of the rally shooting.

Sources did tell CNN that Trumpโ€™s campaign had already been repeatedly warned by the Secret Service not to hold higher-risk outdoor rallies.

Iran infamously and openly vowed retribution and revenge following the January 2020 US military killing of Qasem Soleimani, commander of the Iranian militaryโ€™s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, as noted in CNNโ€™s report.

Past targets have included the likes of Donald Trumpโ€™s former National Security Advisor John Bolton and former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, per CNNโ€™s sources.

โ€œFor months, law enforcement officials have been concerned about the persistent threat of Iran potentially attempting to assassinate former Trump officials and the former president himself,โ€ multiple sources told the outlet. โ€œWarnings about that operational planning have coincided with a noticeable surge of online messaging from Iranian accounts and state-backed media mentioning Trump.โ€

You can find the full report from CNN here.

Featured image via Political Tribune Gallery 

Canโ€™t get enough Political Tribune? Follow us on Twitter!

Looking for more video content? Subscribe to our channel on YouTube!



Andrea Thompson
Andrea has written political opinion stories for over a decade with a passion for center-left policies. Andrea is no longer a writer at Political Tribune and her X account is here: https://x.com/theliberalmommy

Comments