Wealthy Beverly Hills Salon Owner Turned Capitol Rioter Reportedly Watching Her Luxury Life Go To Shambles As She Faces 7 Charges Over Her Participation In Jan. 6th Insurrection

She ruined her life.

662 points

Kerry Howley with the New York Magazine’s Intelligencer recently took a deep dive into the lives of three individuals who participated in the infamous January 6th Capitol insurrection, to find out where they are and what they’re up to nearly a year later, as the first anniversary of that fateful event rapidly approaches.

As you’d expect, they don’t appear to be doing all that well in life these days, as more and more Capitol rioters face judges and the repercussions for their actions. However, Howley’s new piece seems to specifically highlight one Capitol insurrectionist in particular who’s managed to go from a wealthy, well-to-do life as a Beverly Hills business owner, to barely being able to feed and clothe herself as she faces down seven different charges in connection to the January 6th siege, all of which she’s pleaded not guilty to.

Gina Bisignano once lived a highly comfortable life as the owner of Gina’s Eyelashes and Skincare in a heavily wealthy community in Beverly Hills. But life for Bisignano has been turned on its head since she proudly participated in the insurrection, as she faces numerous charges ranging from  Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds to Engaging in Physical Violence in a Restricted Building or Grounds. Now, her business has been shuttered and her wealthy lifestyle has swirled the toilet as she emptied her wallet on her efforts to stay out of prison after the riot.

“Two days after the riot, Gina appeared on Infowars to share video she had taken,” Howley notes in her report. It was this move on Gina’s part that played a very large role in her ultimate arrest before she was granted bail.

The Beverly Hills business owner’s freedom was short-lived. Howley reports that prosecutors appealed to the court, arguing, “Her sincere belief in conspiracy theories and the absence of rational, evidence-based decision-making show that she is extraordinarily unlikely to accept the legitimacy of this court’s orders.”

This argument convinced a judge to revoke Bisignano’s bail, leaving her to sit in a Los Angeles jail before eventually being transferred to Grady County Detention Center in Chickasha, Oklahoma.

“By late February, in Grady County, she had been imprisoned in one facility or another for over a month, during which she saw the sun exactly once: on the long day when she was transferred from L.A. to Oklahoma,” the report reads, before going on to add that as judge finally agreed to allow Gina out of jail on supervised release while she awaits trial.

“Gina had no ID, no credit card, no way to get home, and it was not clear what she would do on the scrubby, sidewalkless Oklahoma streets onto which she was being dumped,” upon her release from jail, according to Howley’s report.

The report goes on that the salon owner turned rioter was immediately taken in by someone identified only as Rachel “whose church friend had seen a post on Facebook about a woman who needed help.”

“Rachel took Gina to Sonic and placed a large Diet Coke in her hands before taking her to the 122-acre farm where she lived with her mother and father,” the report reads. “Soon Rachel would drive Gina to another home, the home of the friend she knew from Martha Road Baptist Church. In this home, the kitchen would smell of cookies a man had made for his friends at work, a round woman would root around for clothes that would not fit Gina’s slim form, and the couple’s autistic son, David, would give up his bed for her.”

“Gina had not slept on a mattress in many weeks. In too-big sweatpants tied at the waist, Gina stood in a boy’s room in rural Oklahoma, beside his bed, under a WWE poster,” Howley writes in her report. “She crawled in, pulled the covers over her head, and wept.”

The U.S. Attorney for Washington D.C. website states, “Defendant remains on home detention. Status conference set for 9/2/21 at 2 pm.” A report from Reuters has revealed that a judge refused Gina’s request to end her house arrest and remove her ankle monitor.

An order recently signed by Judge Carl J. Nichols reveals that Bisignano was scheduled to report for a hearing on Dec. 21. The judge harshly criticized both Gina and her attorney for missing a previously scheduled appearance on the 14th of December.

“This is not the first time timely attendance has been a problem in this case,” the judge wrote, “additional failures to appear timely will be looked upon even more unfavorably.”

You can find Howley’s full report right here.

Featured image via screen capture 

Can’t get enough Political Tribune? Follow us on Twitter!

Looking for more video content? Subscribe to our channel on YouTube!

Like it? Share with your friends!

662 points