Since this week’s devastating mass murder at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, there has been an influx of rightful suspicion, speculation, and controversy surrounding the unsettling response to the shooting that was displayed by the Uvalde Police Department during the time that the gunman was active inside the 4th-grade classroom he barricaded himself in — where he shot and killed 19 innocent children and 2 beautiful teachers.
Allow me to preface this by saying that we truly have no idea what actually took place inside that school, or even in the parking lot where distraught parents gathered in terror and anger as they waited to find out if their child would ever come home from school again.
Reports have come out since the shooting that has offered bits and pieces of the full story, including:
- Authorities have yet to determine a motive for Salvador Ramos’ elementary school killing spree
- While Ramos was not known to have existing mental health problems or a criminal record, he had been in communications with various individuals on social media, alluding to his plan
- Ramos purchased 2 assault-style weapons this month, just days after his 18th birthday, as well as a significant amount of ammunition
- Authorities have confirmed that Ramos remained active inside Robb Elementary for 40 minutes to an hour before and elite Border Patrol unit was able to successfully breach the classroom and shoot and kill Ramos
- Reports have been conflicted over whether Ramos engaged with authorities of any kind before entering the school building
- Several parents have come forward in the days since the tragedy to tell of a slow, incompetent response by the Uvalde Police Department — including detaining parents from going inside the school for their children via peppers spray, tasers, and even arrests
Suffice it to say, it’s been difficult to paint a clear picture of what truly happened that day.
Stay up-to-date with the latest news!
Subscribe and start recieving our daily emails.
And now, to make things even more unsettling, one former Uvalde prosecutor has now come forward on social media with a stark message surrounding the controversy.
Sara Spector, a former prosecutor in the town of Uvalde, Texas, spoke up on the speculation surrounding the town’s police department, and had this to say:
As an ex prosecutor from Uvalde, I can say based on my past interactions with Uvalde PD, you will never know the truth about what went down in that school until every inch of video tape is released to the press.”
As an ex prosecutor from Uvalde, I can say based on my past interactions with Uvalde PD, you will never know the truth about what went down in that school until every inch of video tape is released to the press.
— Sara Spector (@Miriam2626) May 27, 2022
That certainly does not leave us feeling confident that we’ll get the truth any time soon.
Apparently, Spector’s warning garnered enough attention that it caught the eye of former Assistant Director of the FBI, Frank Figliuzzi. Frank now serves as an author and an NBC News National Security Analyst.
The former assistant FBI director responded to Spector’s tweet with this:
Please DM me. Thanks.
— Frank Figliuzzi (@FrankFigliuzzi1) May 27, 2022
We can only hope this means they will soon come together and the truth will finally be told. Those 21 people deserve that much.
Featured image via screen capture