Source Speaks Out With The Alleged Real Reason Why Fox News Dumped MyPillow, And It Has To Do With Mike Lindellโ€™s Desperate Financial State

Imagine that...


632
632 points

This weekโ€™s news cycle has been full of reporting about the Fox News Networkโ€™s decision to dump advertising for the pillow and bedding salesman and staunch 2020 election denier Mike Lindellโ€™s infamous MyPillow company.

Lindell was, of course, as quick as a whip to get out in the public eye and essentially pitch a hissy fit over the whole ordeal, formally announcing on Steve Bannonโ€™s War Room podcast earlier this week that advertising for his MyPillow bedding company had been cut from the Conservative, right-wing network.

Mike blamed Foxโ€™s decision on โ€œcancel cultureโ€ combined with Lindellโ€™s loyal devotion to scandal-plagued former President Donald Trump and the long-running claim that the 2020 presidential election was rife with fraud and stolen from Trump as the rightful winner.

โ€œIโ€™m bringing some disturbing news,โ€ Lindell said on Thursdayโ€™s edition of War Room. โ€œEver since Iโ€™ve been speaking out about our election platforms since January โ€™21, theyโ€™ve been attacking my company, MyPillow, with cancel cultureโ€ฆ and now Fox News.โ€

โ€œFox News has canceled MyPillow,โ€ Lindell confirmed, before immediately going on to suggest that the right-wing network canceled his advertising partnership because โ€œmy brand is branded right with our great real president, Donald Trumpโ€ or โ€œmaybe itโ€™s because I brought Lou Dobbs over to my Lindell TV network this week.โ€

โ€œItโ€™s just, itโ€™s disturbing. Itโ€™s disgusting,โ€ the pillow salesman fumed.

However, an inside source with knowledge of the situation has spoken with Mediaite and confirmed that Mike Lindell is just as full of it now as heโ€™s ever been. According to the source, Foxโ€™s decision to cut their advertising partnership with MyPillow had nothing to do with Donald Trump, Lou Dobbs, or cancel culture and everything to do with the fact that Mike Lindell wonโ€™t/canโ€™t pay his bill.

The source told Mediaite that the partnership was paused over unpaid bills, as Lindell has failed to square up on what he owes the network for ads since August 2023. They further confirmed that the circumstances of Lindellโ€™s unpaid account were thoroughly communicated to Lindellโ€™s media agency, meaning this didnโ€™t actually come as a surprise to the MyPillow company or their CEO.

A Fox spokesperson told the publication: โ€œAs soon as their account is paid, we would be happy to accept their advertising.โ€

Mediaite notes that Fox News Network certainly isnโ€™t groveling for advertisers right now. In fact, Lindellโ€™s MyPillow ad partnership and subsequent unpaid bills only account for a mere fraction of the billions that Fox raked in for ad sales last year. Suffice it to say, theyโ€™re not losing any sleep over cutting someone like Lindell loose if he refuses to square up on whatโ€™s owed.

Itโ€™s no secret that Lindellโ€™s financial standing has been bad and getting worse in recent months โ€” basically all of which is in connection to his devout adherence to the Big Lie, earning him multiple, costly defamation lawsuits, namely from voting companies he attempted to implicate in his false election fraud claims. Back in October, we got a glimpse into just how skint Mikeโ€™s wallet really is, when his attorneys in three different defamation lawsuits submitted a court filing saying that Lindell owed them literal millions in unpaid legal fees and they could no longer afford to represent the pillow salesman as he couldnโ€™t pay the bills.

Featured image via screen capture 

Canโ€™t get enough Political Tribune? Follow us on Twitter!

Looking for more video content? Subscribe to our channel on YouTube!



Andrea Thompson
Andrea has written political opinion stories for over a decade with a passion for center-left policies. Andrea is no longer a writer at Political Tribune and her X account is here: https://x.com/theliberalmommy

Comments